Make fresh sweetened homemade whipped cream with just these 3 simple ingredients. This is perfect for toppings on pies, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes and so much more!
What is the Difference Between Heavy Cream and Whipping
The difference is in the percentage of milk fat. Heavy cream(heavy whipping cream) contain 36% milk fat and whipping cream (without “heavy” in the title!) is a little lighter with 30% milk fat.
They can all be used interchangeably in most recipes, but when it comes to whipped cream– heavy cream/heavy whipping cream will hold its shape longer. They are ideal for homemade whipped cream.
- 1 cup (240ml) cold heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
What you need
- Electric mixer – hand-held or stand mixer with whisk attachment
- Mixing bowl
- Cold heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- Sugar to sweeten
- Vanilla extract
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Use immediately or cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Freezing prepared whipped cream sometimes causes it to lose its creamy texture, but it definitely works.
Can Whipped Cream replace Cool Whip?
Yes. This homemade whipped cream can replace Cool Whip in recipes. (Cool Whip is store-bought frozen whipped topping) For Cool Whip, use the same amount as stated in the recipe.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- On Sugar: You might be in between using granualated sugar or confectioner’s sugar. If you’re only working with a couple Tablespoons of sugar as listed in the recipe above, it doesn’t really make a difference. But if you’re working in larger batches, you may begin to taste the granules of granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar is the way to go.
Do well to drop a comment for me. I love to read from you.